Position: Senior Associate / Manager, Corporate Development, Europe
Aquila is in search of Senior Associate / Manager, Corporate Development, Europe in Italy to identify, establish and progress strategic C-suite / investment relationships with mature and growing software companies across Southern, Western and Northern Europe. This individual will drive deal origination by utilizing a KPI-first sales process. Working with VP Corporate Development (Global) and senior operating executives across Aquila, the Senior Associate / Manager must be a self-directed player who is excited about uncovering, qualifying, and pitching investment opportunities, engaging with business owners, management executives and intermediaries through cold calls, social and digital channels persistently.
The Senior Associate / Manager will gain deep exposure to the enterprise & SMB software industry; and master the business development side of M&A. At its core, the responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing & Relationships: Utilize online and offline channels to identify acquisition targets that align with internal criteria; proactively contact and progress in-person / digital relationships with founder-owners, management and intermediaries (i.e. banks and advisors) via cold calls, online and email channels
- CRM & Administration: Maintain and manage M&A database by adding new targets, taking call notes and logging activities; Salesforce CRM proficiency is a must
- Research & Data Analysis: Drive product, market and company research in partnership with Aquila corporate development team to screen and assess relevant software acquisition targets in private and public markets. Mastery in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Constellation Software Inc. (“Constellation”) is a renowned publicly traded software operating conglomerate (TSX: CSU) with $6B+ in consolidated revenues (USD) and history of success spanning two-and-a-half decades. We invest in and operate B2B software companies for the long-haul across dozens of industry segments and geographies. Since founding, Constellation has completed north of 1,000 acquisitions, building time-tested expertise as operators and stewards of software organizations.
Aquila is a division of Constellation Software Inc.. Aquila operates in range of industry categories (Public Housing, Lending & Finance, Higher Education, Media & Publishing, Retail amongst others) with geographical focus across The Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Location: Located in Italy
- Language: Fluency in English and Italian. Other languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) are a plus
- Experience: 3+ years of progressive professional experience either in software/technology high-volume sales (80+ proactive outbound calls per week), PE/VC business development; financial/professional services or wealth/asset management including commercially facing account management and/or direct sales experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree. Preferably Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- Articulate: Engage in highly strategic, commercial discussions with industry executives as the representative of Aquila. Elegant and persuasive speaker and writer + quantitative reasoning.
- Horsepower: Intrinsically motivated, highly analytical and data-driven thinker.
- Autonomy: Outcome-obsessed and Activity-driven. Masterful at self-organization. Thrives in high-pressure, fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Proactively utilizes own judgment to move deals forward. Enjoys working independently and as a part of a team
- Work Ethic & Attitude: Self-directed with unfaltering sense of urgency. Must be coachable (eager to learn and take direction) and excited to teach / mentor others.