Multichannel Content Management Platform
Desk is a web based solution to manage the production of digital and print publications for newspapers and magazines. Leading publishers such as National World in the UK, La Stampa in Italy and Newsday in the US have implemented their digital-first publishing strategies using the Desk platform.
Desk enables the whole content production lifecycle via customisable workflows, picture desk functionality, video management and a dynamic metadata management framework with automatic content tagging features.
No clutter, no complication. A single UI and a unified workflow for:
Multi-Channel Content Authoring
A flexible environment to author and prepare content for online and offline publishing.
- Break the channels barrier using the same tool and workflow to compose articles for both web and print.
- Full digital enrichment with galleries, multimedia, embeds, links, maps and more – no compromises.
- Accurate, real-time digital and print previews included.
- Customisable and channel specific workflows
- Dynamic searches of newswires, customisable and shareable among users
Home Page Management
Super easy and super fast. Manage even the most content-rich homepages, with concurrent multi-user access and alternative guided layouts for Home Page zones and teasers.
- Visual deferred publishing: see how your Home Page will look in at a specific date/time in the future.
- Automatic checks of duplicated articles and empty slots.
- WYSIWYG editing of teasers with drag & drop creation of automatically formatted links.
- Combine manual curation with automatic placements based on dynamic queries.
Picture Collages with Matik
Available directly from Desk and Front Page Manager, Matik combines two or more pictures into one. Some of the most popular effects include:
- Two images side by side
- Mosaic with multiple photos
- Picture inside picture
- Colour effects and grayscale
- Superimpose text on a picture
SEO Optimisation with Romeo
Assess your content against the most up-to-date SEO metrics, ensuring the best search engine positioning and taking advantage of multiple writing aids.
- SEO score available while writing an article
- Keyword suggestion tools
- External resources to help generate links to people’s names, businesses and locations
- Search your keywords on Google Trends, Wikipedia, Linkedin and Facebook
- Adjust the SEO score to match your own SEO strategy, assigning custom weights to each rule and metric used to calculate it
Automated Print Production
Desk handles all print products, from monthly magazines to multi-editions and multi-zone prominent daily newspapers.
- Automatic article and picture pagination
- Automatic advertising placement based on integration with Ad Planning platforms
- Automatic artwork placement
- Automated content fitting based on client specific rules
- Supports Adobe InDesign and the Atex proprietary pagination engine
Asset Management and Archive
Desk provides unified management for all media assets, including articles, images, print pages, videos, embeds, galleries and more.
Instantly access and reuse everything created, published and acquired by your organisation.
Want also to have daily reporting of all content usage and associated costs and royalties? Just connect ‘Atex Insights’ to implement cost reporting and production statistics.
La Stampa: digital first in the lockdown era
La Stampa and JPI Media approach the ‘digital-first’ challenge from different perspectives, using the Atex editorial solution.